ASC DEEP WATER TESTING
The deep water is considered the area beyond the 4-foot lane rope including the diving board and slide area.
- At ASC, our members’ safety is our first priority. For the safe enjoyment of the main pool, only qualified swimmers will be allowed access to the deep water.
- Close supervision of youth is the key to water safety. Individual(s) accompanying children must remain in the same pool area and be visible to the child at all times.
- To be allowed access to the deep water, all members below the age of 18 are required to pass the deep-water test.
- Testing will be performed by ASC personnel at scheduled times.
- Once a swimmer passes the swim test, a wristband will be issued and must be worn at all times to access the deep water.
- Access to the deep water will only be permitted to swimmers wearing the appropriate wristband.
- A wristband does not GUARANTEE access to the deep water. ASC retains the right to revoke access or retest where it is deemed necessary including yearly retest.
- ASC staff may request testing of swimmers regardless of age if deemed necessary.
- Deep water testing applies to all guests of the swim club (including birthday parties).
- Proof of age for swimmers over the age of 18 may be requested.
- Deep water testing is available for any swimmer over the age of 18 upon request. Please make an appointment with the staff.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to update ASC staff of any change, medical or otherwise, which may impact a child’s swimming ability. In such cases, a child who previously passed the deep-water test should be retested by parent request.
DEEP WATER SWIM TEST
Successful completion of the deep-water test includes:
- Demonstrate a continuous stroke (any stroke) for 2-lengths of the pool
- Tread water for one minute, maintaining head above water
ONCE YOU PASS THE SWIM TEST
- The lifeguard will record the swimmer’s name and date of test in a designated binder.
- The lifeguard will notify the front desk of qualified deep-water swimmers.
- The swimmer’s membership card will be marked and a wristband will be issued.
- Wristbands will be issued daily when the card is presented upon entry to the pool.
- All test results must be recorded and all disputes will be determined based upon the recorded results.
Swimmers who fail the test will be eligible for retesting the following day.
ASC LIFE JACKET POLICY
- Only Coast Guard approved jackets and vests are allowed in the pool. No flotation devices are allowed! (for example - noodles, kick boards, tubes etc.)
- Please make sure that what you buy states on the packaging that the vest is USCG Approved.
- Here are a few links to USCG approved Life Jackets