ASC DEEP WATER TESTING
The deep water is considered the area beyond the 4-foot lane rope including the diving board and slide area.
- At ASC, our members’ safety is our first priority. For the safe enjoyment of the main pool, only qualified swimmers will be allowed access to the deep water.
- Close supervision of youth is the key to water safety. Individual(s) accompanying children must remain in the same pool area and be visible to the child at all times.
- To be allowed access to the deep water, all members below the age of 18 are required to pass the deep-water test.
- Testing will be performed by ASC personnel at scheduled times.
- Once a swimmer passes the swim test, a wristband will be issued and must be worn at all times to access the deep water.
- Access to the deep water will only be permitted to swimmers wearing the appropriate wristband.
- A wristband does not GUARANTEE access to the deep water. ASC retains the right to revoke access or retest where it is deemed necessary including yearly retest.
- ASC staff may request testing of swimmers regardless of age if deemed necessary.
- Deep water testing applies to all guests of the swim club (including birthday parties).
- Proof of age for swimmers over the age of 18 may be requested.
- Deep water testing is available for any swimmer over the age of 18 upon request. Please make an appointment with the staff.
- It is the responsibility of the parent to update ASC staff of any change, medical or otherwise, which may impact a child’s swimming ability. In such cases, a child who previously passed the deep-water test should be retested by parent request.
DEEP WATER SWIM TEST
Successful completion of the deep-water test includes:
- Demonstrate a continuous stroke (any stroke) for 2-lengths of the pool
- Tread water for one minute, maintaining head above water
ONCE YOU PASS THE SWIM TEST
- The lifeguard will record the swimmer’s name and date of test in a designated binder.
- The lifeguard will notify the front desk of qualified deep-water swimmers.
- The swimmer’s membership card will be marked and a wristband will be issued.
- Wristbands will be issued daily when the card is presented upon entry to the pool.
- All test results must be recorded and all disputes will be determined based upon the recorded results.
Swimmers who fail the test will be eligible for retesting the following day.